- Abraham’s seven promises.
- Daniel’s 70 weeks (from captivity to Jesus, Daniel 9:24).
- The five terms of God’s new covenant (Jeremiah 32:31-34).
- The significance of the covenant meal in the Old Testament.
- The historical beginnings of the Passover meal:
- Steps for selecting and preparing the sacrificial lamb.
- Application of the blood to doorposts (to be passed over).
- Appropriate steps for the roasting and eating of the lamb.
- The Last Supper, which was the commencement of the formal observance of Communion, was instituted during the Passover meal with Jesus and His disciples.ÿ
- The significance of taking the Lord’s Supper or Communion in the church today.
Messages in this series:
January 8, 2004